Posting my amazon wish list. Your contributions to any classroom is greatly appreciated!
Before the explanation part of this post, I need to say this so it will be in posts that are shortened by a reblog: More than anything I ask that you reblog this post so that
kind millionairesmore people will see it and more support can be given. All the Amazon wishlists and blogs are linked below the read more link!
As the new school year approaches,
we are obviously in denialteachers are mentally figuring out what materials we need for the school year, what will be provided by the school or families, and what we will buy with our own money as we shop sales (if it is in our budget). Several members of our #education community on tumblr dealt with unexpected family deaths, weather disasters, or more happy (but expensive) life achievements like getting married or having a baby. Our pockets have been hit hard, and I think you’d be surprised how much of our own money we spend on classrooms each year.
Many of us teach in areas where our students’ families cannot help with school supplies. In fact, as I began working on this project, every teacher I contacted to include that came from a more affluent community declined being included so that classrooms in greater need could be helped. I am in awe of the teachers in this community. After the jump is a list of teachers and their classroom wish lists for the upcoming year. If you are able to, please consider supporting a teacher via their wishlist. If you’d rather make a donation to their supply fund or send a gift card, I’m sure you could contact them and they wouldn’t turn you down.
So after the jump are the blogs and corresponding wishlists from Tumblr’s teachers — most of the educators on this list I have personally interacted with and know them to be dedicated to their students.
Any and all help for tumblr educators is much appreciated!
Here’s classroom wish list:
Thank you to anyone and everyone out there who donates!!!
Of course I’m referring to the 2014-2015 school year. While I don’t return back to work for another four weeks… all my back-to-school emotions are starting to bubble up. The dreams (and sometimes nightmares) haven’t started yet though. Side note: my nightmares always involve me as the student and I’ve forgotten to attend a class for the entire semester or don’t know my schedule and keep missing classes. Any who, thought I’d share some of what’s been floating around in my head…
- I bought a few back-to-school supplies today. Just a few, really!
- Are we going to promote teacher’s amazon wish lists again?
- I really need to start prepping for my APUSH class, this year I’ll have both sections
- I’m not ready for babyjib to start daycare in a few weeks. Cue the eye roll, but we’ve been together all summer and I fear that returning to work will make me feel like I’ve lost a limb. She’s too sweet and too much fun, gah!
- Also, this gif sums up what having a baby is like. Boss baby.
- I’m cautiously optimistic about our new principal and this school year. Last year was a train wreck and I feel like this year could/should be much better.
- I’m worried about my work/life balance. I’m nervous I won’t be around for Babyjib as much as I should be. I’m also aware 100% of parents feel this way.
So there you have it! Hope all you tumblr teachers are having a lovely summer.
This was my first year teaching APUSH and overall I’m ok with the scores.
Our district shoots for a 60% pass rate (what’s yours?) and mine came in at 53%. So, nothing to brag about, but I’m not devastated either. I think it’s a good starting point.
Would love to hear thoughts/feedback/musings from anyone willing to share.
My fitbit flex came in the mail today. Will update with my thoughts later this week.